Thursday, August 22, 2013

Upcoming Show

This is the flyer for my upcoming New York exhibit.  The painting was done earlier this summer.  In the show, it may not be hang the way you see it here! 

 
 I composed this painting from a series of charcoal studies.  Hoping for more flexibility in hanging, I was trying for a composition that could be viewed vertically or a horizontally.
 
Stonewash Study II

 
Finally, I drew in an arrangement on canvas with loose oil wash.  The trick was to keep adding stones till the arrangement worked well both ways!
 
 
Once I was beyond the messy stage, I was able to get it out of the basement and up to the smaller work space off the living room.
 
 
Here it is finished.  But I'm STILL not sure which way it will hang!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment